Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sunday 31 May

Surprize, surprize. It's sunday evening and I'm still at home in Ballito.
I received a call at 16:20 friday to tell me my passport and visa were still in the Sudan embassy and wouldn't be out till monday.
To cut a long and very boring story short I blew my top, they said there was nothing they could do and we start tomorrow morning. We suspect the courier company was late and with the Super 14 final is was probably bedlam in Pretoria. No doubt the consol will tell us the true story.
Justin and Mark are in Cairo and have duly set to work. The license plates are sorted but they have to wait for me to start clearing the bikes. Hopefully it's only a day and we'll still be on schedule. We'd always planned on 3 days to clear Cairo because of all the reports of Egyptian buraucracy. At worst we'll have to push hard for Aswan. Saturday we have to start the whole process over again de-registering the bikes!
Here's holding thumbs that I'm on tomorrow's flight.

Jim.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, mate. You can make it to Aswan in a long day of riding, if you leave very early or the night before. Just be sure to stay on the Western Desert Highway for as long as possible.

    Good luck with the bikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael HendersonJune 1, 2009 at 3:05 PM

    What a zoo! Hope you get sorted big Jim. And god help the little Sudanese official who tries that with you face to face.

    ReplyDelete